Comment on page
Purpose-built Udon Behaviours and tools to make your own
Udon Toolkit is a project aimed at simplifying usage of Udon by providing a set of easy to use purpose-built behaviours, from generic triggers and actions, to more complete systems like Key Items, Cabinet Drawers, etc.
This also includes a system of attributes that allow you to utilize the same UI elements when building your own behaviours!
- When importing you can select what to import:
- Internal: REQUIRED. Contains all of the editor functionality
- Systems: Various systems listed in the SYSTEMS section of this documentation
- Demo: assets and examples scenes for all the systems and behaviours. You should import this only if you are importing the full package
- Open your
UdonSharpand in the
Default Behaviour Editorselect
- Select a Game Object you want to use (or make a new one)
Add Componentand type the name of a Behaviour
- A new component with all the corresponding UI and parameters should appear
- If it is your first time using Udon Toolkit, you might want to click "Compile All Behaviours"
Tip: You can click on the
?icon in the Behaviour header to open the docs for that particular script
- Prefabs are fundamentally broken in Udon as of June 2021. Toolkit will show a warning if you will try to use a prefab, it is highly recommended to unpack the prefab before editing anything, as values can just reset to whatever they were before when entering play mode
UdonToolkit is not just a set of prebuilt behaviours, but also a UI system built using Unity's Custom Property Drawers and Attributes that allows you to quickly create user-friendly UI. You can read more here.